- Brand: Decagon Devices, Inc.
- Product Code: Series 4TE
- Availability: Pre-Order
- Baked and Snack Foods,
- Beef Jerky,
- Candy and Confectionery,
- Cereal and Grain Products,
- Dairy Products,
- Dried Distillers Grain,
- Dried/ Dehydrated Products,
- Nuts/Dried Fruit,
- Pet Food,
- Processed/Cured Meat,
- Seed Longevity,
- Vegetable Oil
Benchtop Water Activity Meter
- Fast: water activity meter gets readings in 5 minutes or less
- Accurate: ±0.003 aw
- Verifiable with independent salt standards
- Repeatable: different users, different locations, same result
- Portable: weighs just 7 pounds
- Easy to use: water activity meter yields precise measurements with minimal training
- Secure: offers administrative control over calibration and sample data
- Proven: used by 80 of the top 100 food companies
Speed and Accuracy
Measure water activity in 5 minutes or less (average read time: 2.5 minutes) with ±0.003 awaccuracy. AquaLab instruments are the fastest, most precise water activity meters available.
Use (Almost) Anywhere
Water activity meters must report a temperature because water activity is temperature dependent. Internal temperature control lets you set a measuring temperature between 15º - 50°C and use the instrument anywhere-even outside the QC lab.
Use the AquaLab Water Activity Meter 4TE to get lab-quality measurements at the line, receiving dock, processing plant, storage facility-anywhere you need to test and verify the safety and quality of your products and ingredients.
How it Works
Put a 7.5 ml product sample in a disposable cup, place in the water activity meter, seal the sample chamber lid over the sample, and wait for vapor equilibrium.
An infrared beam focused on a tiny mirror determines the precise dewpoint temperature of the sample. That dewpoint temperature is then translated into water activity.
Easy to Clean
The sample chamber lid flips up so contaminated sensors are quick to spot and easy to clean.
The AquaLab Water Activity Meter 4TE stores time, date, and user information with every measurement and calibration, and can store up to 10,000 secure data points.
Administrative functions can be set to control access to data. Designate up to 25 unique users and passwords. Use the RS-232 serial data port to download or print data for statistical analysis and to maintain compliance records and archives.